Friday, December 14, 2012

Habits


       Hi Bloggers.  I had an amazing swim meet last Saturday.  I swam personal bests in all three events.  1:11:87 in my 100 yard breast stroke,  24.7 for my 50 yard freestyle, and 57.3 in my 100 freestyle.  I was very proud of myself.  I began to look at my routine for that morning because I hadn’t swum that well this year.  I learned that it is really important to keep your body hydrated and alert.
       I started the day buying two Gatorades and gummy candy.  I wanted to try something new.  I thought the candy would give me energy before the race.  The Gatorades fueled me up and hydrated me.  It is a great drink to have right before you perform.
       Most people don’t know (including me until now) that you are not supposed to drink it if you are not going to work out.  It gives your body an overload of sugar and electrolytes.  Your body doesn’t use the electrolytes and the sugar turns to fat.
       The gummy candy didn’t help that much.  It provided me with a little sugar, but the Gatorade had already done that job.  I considered it a wash.
       The second aspect to the great performance was the mental aspect.  I came into each and every race saying “I will win.”  While I didn’t win every race, I kicked the crap out of my old times and swam amazingly.
       If you are trying to find ways to improve on a sport or academics, make sure to try new things and something is bound to prevail.
(261)

No comments:

Post a Comment