Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Dentist



And the reason I dislike him
          We have all gone to the dentist and we have either seen salvation or the end of a drill. When I was 8 I had my first cavity and I decided I wouldn't have another one. So I tried to brush my teeth regularly. That didn't work next year I had 8, yeah 8 cavities. I spent hours in that chair with drill after drill. I had to stop this from happening so I made a system and I brush twice a day and floss almost every day so I was extremely confident coming into this office. However, my teeth still had a cavity even through all that extreme care. To make things worse my little brother who hardly brushes his teeth ever had no cavities which i feel is teaching him a bad lesson. Making him think if he ignores it, bad things won't happen. Hint: They Will. I know it isn't my dentist's fault that I have had to be at the wrong end of his tools. I just always associate the dentist and the dentist's office with pain and evil. Which is hard to do due to the fact that the place is brightly painted and happy. I am keeping up my ways but it is very hard when the results don't always come out as they should. This was not the end of my tooth issues though. All through middle school I had braces. Which are uncomfortable and just plain inconvenient. After those were off it felt like a miracle finally my teeth could have a break. Like I said before Mr. Gehring actually is a really nice guy and we joke around until the tools come out. It just shows you that sometimes the things that are awful to do are the ones that need to get done the most.

(386)

No comments:

Post a Comment